Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tulips Blooming

They're Blooming! They're Blooming!
After almost a week of really miserable rainy weather, the sun has been out for the last two days and the tulips are opening. Jacques woke me up at 6:30 this morning and since I couldn't get back to sleep I got up too. We went out and the tulips were still closed, but within an hour they've opened.
I took a look at everything on Thursday evening to discover that those blasted squirrels have been eating the blooms!!! I now understand people to feel very strongly about those critters. I'm about to join a support group. Those lousy things ate just the blossoms off of the back row in this patch. See the skinny stalks sticking up in the top left of the picture? Yeah, those used to have blooms on them. Well, someone told me that they don't like garlic, so I went upstairs and crushed two cloves, put that a squirt bottle with water and sprayed all of the blooms with that. I really hope it's done the trick, I may have repeat it again.

I have a ton of violets as well. They are so cute.
I'm off to do the first bike ride of the year - fixed my tires this morning lets hope it's a while before I get another flat.

No comments: