So close - so close to being finished! Yay!
I put the "gimp" on yesterday. How do you like that for a final vocabulary word for 2014. Gimp is the pretty green stuff on the edging of the furniture to hide the ugly hardware that actually keep the fabric in place.
In my case oodles of staples. This had to be the easiest part of the whole project. You just use a hot glue gun.
I am also just thrilled about how the wood turned out. I ended up spending an extra day stripping, sanding, cleaning, staining, and then oiling it. It's smoother than a baby's butt now and I love how it looks!
As usual, I had plenty of help.
I'm so grateful Jacques was on hand to make sure the gimp didn't run away, all six yards of it.
I'm so anxious to get the sofa off of the saw horses and get all of that out of the living room. I just need to put the back on. I bought this fancy stuff that clamps the fabric. Because the back is scalloped I need something that will made a nice edge and help with the installation of the fabric.
This is what was on the back when I started taking it apart. I tracked some down in Fabric Row.