Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bathroom Diaries Day: So close

On Tuesday Brendon came and installed a new toilet. He called right before my classes to talk about it and said that this one is much closer to the wall. Yes it is. This is one they picked up, and he approved of this toilet much more anyway. I had bought a Jacuzzi to which he said, "They make great tubs but their toilets, nah - this one flushes much better." Okay then. I think it's a good idea to go with what the plumbers recommend. He also put in the show fixtures, and I'm sure there is a whopper of a bill on it's way in the mail to me. And they even put the toilet I have to return in my car for me. What a great bunch of guys, eh?
You also get a good idea of my beautiful baseboards in this image. I think once everything is painted and the fixtures are in, it's going to look really great.
Tonight I grouted the last of the shower. Finally - it's done. I have to say - I think grouting is one of my least favorite things to do. Not only is it really messy and sticky but it dries your hands out like crazy. I'm not sure what I did, but I also ended up with deep holes in each of the fingers on my right hand and really hurt. I've got a band aid on the end of each finger tip. This has not been an easy blog to type.
Jeff's coming tomorrow morning to patch up the wall with the plumbing, and hopefully he will put in the lock on the door, but that's it, it will be his last day.

No comments: