Sunday, March 15, 2009

Summing Up

I can't believe I could not get my act together this weekend to blog. I must have been really lazy.
I was going to blog on Friday - fer sure! - because I was getting my new fridge! A super cool Kenmore bottom freezer. Yippee - but before that happened I got an unexpected phone call from - Jeff!!! He's coming on Monday to start finishing up the bathroom! Whoop-dee-doo-ski-doo! I'm pretty excited about that. Then Sears showed up. I swear I measured everything - all the doorways. It woulda fit too if it hadn't been for the darn banister. Even when I pulled on it, it only gave me 27 inches. The fridge with the doors off is 28. Daddblast it all. My spiffy fridge never even made it off the truck. :(
That put a damper on that day. I had ten thousand errands to run, including getting the car washed, and had to take it back to the mechanic because it turned out they broke the latch to the hood when they fixed my timing belt last week. Now I can't open the hood. They are ordering the part and then I get to take my car back. Great - because I need more to do in my life. I finally made it to Sears, and I don't know - but the guy just didn't really want to sell me a fridge. I don't want to get into it - it was just really irritating. I'm going to have to go back to Home Depot and see what they can do for me.
Saturday - I drove to New Jersey for my taxes. That was loads of fun. I still have to get a few things together for that. Back home to finish prepping for a workshop I taught a Moore for the Alumnae - for their fun weekend. It was a great workshop, loads of fun and went really well. Japanese binding. I'll try to post an image tomorrow. And then I went to the ballet with Adrienne, saw Cinderella. Oh it's so much fun to watch those old traditional ballets. Only one tutu though, I prefer those to the nightgowns that are more popular now.
This morning I got up bright and early:
Trader Joe's
Baker St (best bread in Philadelphia - Chestnut Hill)
Home,
I decided to treat myself to watching a whole movie in one sitting. I watched the Visitor from netflix. It's good - sad and wonderful at the same time. Directed by the guy who did The Station Agent. I started knitting a sleeve for my silver sweater while I watched.
Cleaned, did more receipts
Went to studio to work of the commission from UPenn. This is a project that's been four years in the making. I started on the technical stuff. There is one image that will not link up properly. I got it to work once with no pixelation - but now, havin' trouble. So I gave up.
Cooked, nothing special
cleaned some more - especially the mess Lee and Rob left me
layed out the tile for Jeff, how I want it. Diagonal. He's not going to be happy about that.
did more paper work
paid bills
blogged
now I think - bed.
Good night.

No comments: