And we're off!At the workshop I decided to use 12x12 inch sheets of 2x2 tile. I think I made the right choice. It made certain things easier. I still had plenty of sawing to do, but I think it turned out okay. And because I must be a masochist - I also took a picture after setting every tile so that I can make a flip book out of the project.
Back wall complete.
It's a good thing Jeff wasn't "on call" or I probably would have called him about a million times. In the end it's all worked out. He walked in this morning and gave it his seal of approval.
The front wall was a little nerve wracking:
And it's where I made my big mistakes. But I can't beat myself up about it too much, it looks fine, but the tile in the corner doesn't quite line up - and there's a slight bulge where I let some adhesive dry and didn't scrape it off before putting new adhesive on. That was just plain dumb. In my defense, I was really really hungry and not thinking straight.
Half way through the front wall the inspector showed up.
He didn't approve. I don't think it was the job I was doing, it was more the fact that I was doing the job and not sitting with him in a chair.
Started the back wall at 10pm.
Finished at 11:30. I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled.
Cleaned until 1am.
I also put in a little tray for shampoo at the back, but will have to post those images another time. I was too tired to take more.
This morning, I am so sore. Everything hurts. But Jeff was going to charge me $3000. to do this. I think I'm in the wrong business. - Well actually, I knew that already.