Sunday, February 15, 2009

All in a Day's Work

Well, just in case you are wondering, I did my Michelin Man impersonation down in the basement for many hours this weekend. A full Tyvek suit, goggles, dust mask gloves - the whole nine yards, kept me mostly safe from the dirt and fiberglass. I'm three quarters of the way done, but out of staples. It was a good time to break anyway because I've finally figured out the absolute best abdominal work out: Keep your arms straight up in the air and pull fiberglass insulation over pipes, wires, joists, struts, beams and heating ducts- and then keep them up a bit longer to use a staple gun to staple the insulation to the joists. Whew - I am feeling it!
I did that for about three hours today and I can still feel all the grit that managed to fall in my eyes despite the goggles. It may be my imagination but I think it is working. The first floor isn't toasty, but at least the biting cold is less. The biting cold is the kind that no matter how warm the rest of you is (because of two layers of sweatpants, three shirts, wool sweater, scarf and hat), the tip of your nose, your cheeks, finger tips and toes all have frost bite. This was nice because I got into a show and had to take photographs on the first floor this evening.
The show is at Susan Hensel's Gallery in Minneapolis. It is titled Small, Smaller, Smallest, and I submitted this little book I made with four one-dollar bills and a scrap of lime green leather. You get a good idea of the size in the image at the top. It's a bit blurry, but at least that's not my fault because I wasn't shivering.

I finished my new hat yesterday evening before going to Mary's party. Sorry about the weird picture. I just couldn't crop or adjust this one in photoshop. The color is very yellow and I should have cropped it, but it was so artsy - I decided to leave it as it was. I've been sitting at my computer for about three hours now, I don't know why I wasn't wearing my hat!? It's so much warmer with it on!
Tomorrow I must:
Lesson Plan for Tuesday
Go to Moore to pick up stuff from last week, drop of stuff for this week
make new boxes for exchanges
pack up new boxes
sand and prime living room wall
??? Other stuff I'm surely forgetting.

No comments: