Thursday, July 31, 2014

What happened to July? - new phone

Yep, got me one-a them new smarty-pants phones.
Sprint finally ticked me off enough into action. I don’t like giving up an apparatus that is perfect working order, thank you very much. But I couldn’t deal with having no service at home. And they (Sprint) must think we are all knuckle heads! When I asked for a refund for a month of no service (at home) they first say no – because I had ACCESS to their service. Yes, once I was three blocks away from my house! But not in my house. When I finally reached someone who could do something about it (after contacting the Better Business Bureau) and heard this line for the umpteenth time, I asked her if Sprint expected me to take my private business to a street corner three blocks from my house, if, for example I needed to talk to my accountant? Or what if, god forbid, I’d had an emergency in the middle of the night and needed to call 911? Was I really supposed to walk three blocks before I could use their service? She had the gall to ask me if those were rhetorical questions.  Snort. I wish I had recorded that conversation – maybe it would have gone viral like the poor people trying to cancel their Comcast!

After that I trotted down to the T-Mobile folks and got a different plan. Problems solved… except for the learning curve.

So far so good.  I have an LG Android device and I’ve learned that there are a lot of things I like. It’s similar to the iPad, but better because I can access the internet anytime. Maps, info, solitaire, it’s all in one place! The only problem is the resolution on the camera ain’t so good. But I have the option to upgrade at anytime. We’ll see. The best part is that I can take pictures with this camera, have DropBox on my phone which connects to the DropBox on my ‘puter and voila! I have all the pictures I want! That’s what I like…the easy. And so far – I have service at home. All good.   

No comments: