Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Hot.

It is so bloody hot. I just have to post about how freekin' hot it is! I'm so blown away (almost literally) because it is so incredibly hot. The minute I walk out the door I start sweating. Thank goodness for electricity and god bless the person who invented air conditioning - although I wonder if it isn't the old vicious cycle... are we staying cool at the expense of the world climate next summer? Is all of the exhaust we are putting out now harming us in the future? Because if it is - we are in serious trouble. I will be non-functional through the summer.
When I was running errands today - my car thermometer said 117°. I've never seen that before.
I took Lucky to the vet - he was his typical self... super friendly for about 8 minutes and then really grouchy. But he has to be on the 2nd floor, it's too damn hot on the first floor. Ugh. I'd really like everyone to get along. That would make things so much easier.
It's so hot I even moved the worms upstairs. They appreciated it. When I looked yesterday to see how they were doing they were all crawling along the top of the bin - trying to get out. Now that they are in cooler "weather" they are much happier. All down in the rubbish chomping away.
Okay - cross your fingers that we don't have a black-out. Otherwise, I'll be sleeping in a very cold bathtub - with ice cubes.

No comments: