Wednesday, February 25, 2015

surviving the snow

It's been a while since I've posted because all I want to do is stay snuggled up in bed under the covers. It has been so cold. Weekends, I have been slug-a-bedding until at least noon! One cat is fine with that, the other is rather impatient to go out.
We have not had as much snow as our neighbors to the north and I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand - great. It's rather inconvenient to have your car hidden under 10ft of snow. On the other hand - at least it would make all of this cold weather worth while. But if I remember correctly the Farmer's Almanac said that this winter would be lots of snow, but short. Well, I am all for that!

When I haven't been snuggled under blankets, I've been makin' stuff. Lots of stuff. My most favorite thing I just made is this cowl/hat.See, you can wear it around your neck like a scarf...  
Or pull the chord together and you can wear it on your head as a hat! 
All of that is pretty good color. I tried going outside to take pics against the snow. Didn't work so well.
 
 Jacques was interested though, until the snow smelled more interesting.
Its actually not really snow anymore, just solid ice. It melts during the day and freezes at night - solid.

No comments: