Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Viva Las Vegas!

Hello All from sunny sunny Las Vegas! The weather is beautiful! 80, beautiful little clouds in the sky and a breeze. Lovely lovely.
We're staying at the Luxor. And I spent yesterday morning sitting by the pool and looking at the beautiful Mandalay Bay hotel.  I got the most terrific sunburn for my troubles,  it's really a little embarrassing! But it's a small price to pay not to have to be cold and bundled like I would be otherwise.
I always forget how much fun Las Vegas is.  The people watching is unbelievable. We've seen:
Elvis on a scooter
The guy from The Hangover, also on a scooter
all dress and nationality
better sunburns than mine (and that's sayin' something)
A homeless (?) guy with a sign that said "My wife had a sex change and ran away with my girlfriend"
Drunk people everywhere wow and they are having a great time.
Some incredible fashion choices
and then the good stuff:
We went to see Cirque du Soleil's Zarkana last night. It was pretty good. Sadly they were having an off night. One guy fell off the trapeze (onto the net thank goodness) but it seemed to have sparked some sort of extra nervousness with the rest of the acts. There were some pretty near misses. I still enjoyed it very much.  The clowns are always my absolute favorite.

Then there is the incredible architecture. It's really just amazing.  Something amazing to look at everywhere.  Good food too.

No comments: