Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm tired of being cold.

Yes really. I'm very tired of it. It's even to the point where I'm not dressing warmly enough. I think this is because when they say "high today will be 50°F" I think, whoohoo! skirt! and then there is the wind chill... 
And the thing is - all around it me it seems like it should be spring. My amaryllis are blooming. And they are gorgeous....
For some reason, amaryllis always remind me of the flowers Ozma of Oz wears in her hair
 even though I think she actually wears poppys. 

There are crocuses in the garden...
 

and orchids in the bathroom
  
couldn't resist the artsy-fartsy image

And because it was so darn cold over the weekend I didn't make it out for bike rides. I just couldn't do it. I did manage to hang the laundry up outside. There was a nice wind blowing, so everything dried quickly, but it was C-O-L-D cold. I guess the positive of that is that I hunkered down in the studio. I finally finished boxes for Katie - just in the nick of time... I've been asked to make more boxes for other artists.  
I also spent some time with my newly organized type. I need to get some sort of a title on my Persephone book. It's funny - when I saw this book structure I got it immediately.  But since then I've handed that book to other people and they don't get it. If I can at least help establish which way is UP! That would be very helpful, I think.
So I pulled out the drawer labeled 12 pt. Centaur (which is a beautiful serif font!) 
And set the title. 
Ahem - only to discover it is not very clean type...

And, with my newly available, or accessible type, I decided to try out my foil stamper.  
 
Jacques was no help this time. I forgot how heavy this thing is. This is as far as I got. I had hoped to get it up to the corner of the studio table. Nothin' doin'! I almost dropped the darn thing while realizing my back was not going to make it if I tried to lift it up there. So for the time being - there it sits, in the middle of everything.
  
Turns out the table is not level to the type... so only one side printed well.  
I had to find the socket wrench and level and go to town on the thing. But I think I got it. The bigger problem is - I think 12pt. is too small, and I think I only have Centaur as All Caps at 14pt. I may just have to have a magnesium cut made. 
Too bad I printed it upside down on the book.
 Thank goodness this was just a mock up.

No comments: