Sunday, October 28, 2012

The calm before the storm

Well, I give in - it seems that Frankenstorm really is serious. My work will be closed tomorrow and I probably will not have to go in as long as the roof doesn't blow off. If it does... I hate to think.
Anyway - I realized I was almost out of milk and as this is essential to a decent cup of coffee, I thought I would make a quick trip to the grocery store.
Quick? Nope. It was utter bedlam. It seems that the entire student body of UPenn decided to stock up as well. I decided to bypass the regular grocery store in favor of the Indian/Pakistani store two blocks over. Wise choice - there were less than 10 people in the place. So I got my milk and treated myself to some Samosa's.
Some of us seem to be able to handle the anticipation of the storm better than others. I returned home from my 20 minute excursion to find:
And the guilty party showing the portrait of innocence: 
But since he was just so cute (curled up IN the basket of yarn) when I got home from my bike ride this morning, there is never a doubt of forgiveness.  

No comments: