Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Berlin is Awsome!

Wow.
That's about all I can say right now. The last time I was here was in 1994 with my friend Darcy when we were studying in Denmark. Things have really changed. Highlights were the Memorial for all the Jews who died in Europe during the Holocost (it ranks up there with the Vietnam Memorial. Conceptually brilliant, very moving) and the other thing I got to see was an Olafur Eliasson exhibit. I can't wait to tell you more about it.
However. I'm typing on a German keyboard right now and it's driving me nuts. The y and z are switch so when zou go to tzpe with the y zou get zzzzzz. grrrr. Then there are funny letters like ö and ä where my apostrophy is supposed to be, and the shift key on the left is only half the size of the english key board and instead I keep typing<<<<<< and the one of the right keeps freezing on caps lock. Okay, different country different language, makes sense that the keyboard needs to be different. But this isn't much fun. Hopefully tomorrow. I'll be with my great aunt tomorrow for a week. More then. :)

No comments: