Monday, May 3, 2010

What I have to show for it.

In my last post I talked about working more in the garden.
I scooped up about five large trash bags full of stuff. Three bundles of wood, two more giant bundles of evergreen boughs, and lot of weeds and dandelions. And even though I still have a bit more to do, I was feeling pretty good about it all. Until.....
In the middle of the night on Saturday night I woke up scratching myself. I've gone through this before, I scratch until I break the skin. So in my delirium of sleep I thought - well - what if I slap myself instead? Maybe it will stop itching. It did and I went back to sleep. Great idea right?
Sunday morning I woke up to about five inches of bruising and more itching and scratching.
I painted in 90 degree heat that was building to a thunderstorm with long sleeves because anytime I touched my arms I would scratch.
This morning I woke up and not only were my arms still itchy, but my legs started itching. I threw in the towel went to the doctor.
I now have a dose of a steroid, prednesone, to help fight my nice little case of poison ivy. Lucky me.
Since I still have more to do in the garden, think I'll do it in a hazmat suit. Anyone know where I can get one?

No comments: