Here is where we stand now. It took a while for me to cave into hauling the "saw-horses" up from the basement. But I must say they have saved my back a bit. All of the fabric has been removed - the white and gold paint has been stripped and removed.
A beautiful walnut stain has been applied. A polyurethane finish will be applied tomorrow. I ran around today - (yes today!) getting the last bits of upholstery notions needed. I wound up at Katz's Upholstery supply and procured the last of the bits - cotton (12lbs) burlap (5yrds), webbing (10yrds), and two things I know I need from online videos I found but have no idea what they are called.
When I started I had this insane notion I'd be able to finish by Christmas (tomorrow!) HA! Right now, I'll be happy if this is finished by the time I return to work in mid-January. But it is fun - I'm excited to see it finished.
The kitties have been most helpful and are excellent inspectors:
Jacques inspects the almost bare frame:
And of course the boys had to help while the work was happening.
In the meantime - happy Christmas everyone!