Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kauai, 2012


I'm in the land of a thousand rainbows. And it must be true. I know that December is the rainy season so the north side of the island where I'm staying is kind of miserable. Well - okay WARM - but still just rain. I thought I'd go to the Kauai Coffee Company on the southwest side of the island,  to buy my favorite coffee - Blue Mountain Roast. They were out. Humph. Well I guess I just have to come back. When I looked north I saw this unusual rainbow - so low to the ground. It was quite lovely.
I ventured on to Kekaha to the beach there. It was bright and sunny but windy. I sat there with a handful of other tourists who, like me, were desperately determined to have SUN on the December vacation to Hawaii.
What a shame that I have to come all the way back. I'm hoping that it will be just as sunny. :)

No comments: