Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Reason #1 for the long disappearance


I have a two person show at the Center for Emerging Visual Artists (CFEVA) that opened last Friday, March 2nd. The opening is tomorrow evening March 8th.

I'm showing with Leslie Atik. As weird as this sounds I think our art works really well together! She deconstructs language - as a trained Spanish teacher this makes perfect sense. She makes huge wall installations, writes the text in chalk and then labels the text. This one uses the text from Gertrude Stein "a rose is a rose is a rose...." and the text from Shakespeare where Juliette is musing on a rose by any other name meaning Romeo....
A detail of Leslie's work.

I also made new work! Yay! It's jumping off of some of my crocheted work. I scanned my hands in different positions and then laid them out on a page and crocheted between the hands. It came out really well. I need to add this piece to my web site so if you have that address you should check there soon!
Coming soon:
(reason #2) The nightmare of trying to refinance my house
(reason #3) Have a porch redone
(reason #4) I'm a TV star
(reason #5) Another Fiber exhibit at Work
(and-the-reason-I'm-finally-posting-again) its spring! its spring! its spring! and I couldn't be happier about that!

No comments: